Similar to adults, toddlers should also be using pillows that are suited for their needs. It should have superior quality, which will be highly instrumental in improving the quality of their sleep, as well as for their health. With this, you should be responsible enough in trying to differentiate the options that are available in the marketplace, which will increase the likelihood of making a decision that you will not regret. If you need help in choosing the best toddler pillow, keep on reading the rest of this post and we will provide you with insights on some of the things that you should know, including a few products that you might want to take into consideration.
The 5 Best Toddler Pillow On The Market
Materials for Toddler Pillow
When trying to make a decision, one of the most important factors that should be taken into account would be the materials that are used. This is important because your choice will have an impact on the comfort, durability, and overall quality of the pillow. In this case, the following are some of the materials that can be taken into account:
- Memory Foam: This is one of the most popular products within the product category and is known for being able to provide customized comfort. It follows the shape of the head of the toddler. It is made from visco-elastic polyurethane foam.
- Foam: This is a common material that is used in affordable toddler pillows. There are some that are low quality, while there are also some with premium construction. Support and comfort can be dismal, especially if you choose the ones from the lower end of the market.
- Latex: This material is obtained from the milky white liquid of a tree. In order to have it shaped, certain fillers and chemicals can be added. With this, make sure that the chemicals added are minimal to ensure that the pillow will be safe for toddlers.
- Feather: These pillows are filled with quills. They can tend to cause the pillow to be flat, and in some instances, can be hard. As much as possible, you should stay away from toddler’s pillows that are made from such material.
How To Choose the Best Toddler Pillow
The material is just one of the many factors that can be taken into account to increase the likelihood of making the right choice. Aside from such, the following are other factors that should be taken into account as well:
- Pillow Cover: The materials that have been mentioned above are those that are for the filling. It is equally important that you pay attention to the materials used for the cover of the pillow. It must be soft to the touch to prevent skin irritation. In addition, it should also be free from toxins and dyes that can be bad for the health of toddlers.
- Thread Count: This is one thing that is not only important for adults but also for toddlers. It would be good if you will choose a pillow with higher thread count, which also means that it will be softer and more comfortable.
- Ease of Cleaning: To be able to maintain the pillow at its best and to prevent such from being a breeding ground of germs and bacteria, make sure that it is regularly cleaned. Choose a pillow that is washable, making it easy for you to have it cleaned and maintained.
- Size: It is also important to pay attention to the right size of the pillow for the toddler. It should not be too big and not too large. The size of the head of the toddler is one thing that will have an impact on your choice for the right size. More often than not, they have dimensions of 12 x 16 inches and thickness that range from 2 to 3 inches.
- Satisfaction Guarantee: This is important as it can provide you with peace of mind. This means that within a certain period, if you are unhappy with the product in any way or if it shows any significant problem, you can have it returned to the manufacturer and you will be issued an unconditional refund.
- Feedbacks: If you are having a hard time to decide on which one can be best for your toddler, it would be best to consult with what other people have to say. Thankfully, you can easily do this by reading online reviews. You can learn from the experiences and insights that are shared by other users. This will make it easier for you to weigh the pros and cons of the options that are available in the market.
Other Tips in Buying Toddler Pillows
- Make sure that it is hypoallergenic. At a young age, toddlers are prone to allergies. See to it that the pillows will not be a threat in any way to toddlers, especially if they often suffer from allergies.
- Find the perfect balance between comfort and support. It is not enough that it is only supportive. It should also be comfortable. Otherwise, you might end up with an irritable child.
- Know when it is time to use a pillow. At a young age, especially when the baby is in the crib and often left unsupervised, using a pillow is not recommended because of the possibility of suffering from suffocation. Generally speaking, they can already start using pillow at the age of 1 after being moved out of the crib.
- Go Beyond Price: Do not decide on which one to buy only on the basis of price. Some people may be tempted to choose one pillow only because it is cheap, but such should never be the case. Everything for your child should not be skimped on. Therefore, spend if you must, especially if this is tantamount into enjoying a product with better quality.
Top Picks for the Best Toddler Pillow
In this section, we will take a quick look at five of the options that can be taken into consideration. We will also have a glimpse at some of their most notable features, as well as a few of their pros and cons.
1. Little One’s Pillow – Toddler Pillow, Delicate Organic Cotton
Editor Rating :
In your search for the best, one of the most important considerations would be the materials that are used. In the case of this pillow, it is worth noting that it is USDA Certified Organic, which should be more than enough to provide you with the confidence that it will be non-toxic for your baby.
It comes with cluster fiber filling, which is an innovative technology that has been developed by the manufacturer. It is comfortable and supportive, although there are some parents who noted that it can be easily prone into breakdown.
Lastly, the satisfaction guarantee that is being offered by the manufacturer is also worth highlighting. Whether it is after 90 days or one year, if you are unhappy with the product, just get in touch with the company and they will provide you an unconditional refund.
- Affordable price
- Built for comfort
- Made from non-toxic materials
- Can easily get flat
- Can get lumpy after a few washes
2. Little Sleepy Head Toddler Pillow
Editor Rating :
While there are many things that make this model an excellent choice, one that is worth noting is the fact that it is made from polyester cluster fiber fill. It has 100% cotton cover and 220-thread fabric count. With all of these things, you can be guaranteed that it will be comfortable for toddlers.
It is also a good thing that it is 100% hypoallergenic. With this, you can be sure that it won’t be a risk for the health of babies. It will not cause any allergic reactions, unlike in the case of other materials.
Lastly, the manufacturer offers Love The Fluff Guarantee, which will provide you with an assurance of your satisfaction. You have 90 days to try this product. Within three months, if problems become apparent, or if it becomes flat, you can have it returned to the manufacturer and without asking any questions, you will receive an unconditional refund.
- Easy to wash and maintain
- Perfectly sized for toddlers
- Can be too fluffy
- A bit high
3. Dreamtown Kids Toddler Pillow with Pillowcase
Editor Rating :
If you are concerned about the health and safety of your baby, one of the most important is to invest in a pillow with the use of the right materials. This pillow is impressive because it is hypoallergenic. It can also resist the growth of mold and mildew, which will prevent the possibility that your little one will suffer from various health problems.
It comes with free pillowcase. You do not have to buy a new one, yet you can be assured that its quality is top-notch, similar to what you can expect from the actual pillow itself.
This pillow is Made in the USA, which, as the manufacturer claims, is one good reason for you to be convinced that this is indeed going to be a dependable choice. It is also recommended by chiropractors, providing you with another good reason to have it chosen above other options.
- Excellent customer service
- Impressive overall quality
- Has a satisfaction guarantee
- Easily gets flat
- Can be lumpy
4. Kinder Fluff Toddler Pillow
Editor Rating :
Soft and silky – these are two of the things that you can expect from this pillow. It will prove to be an exceptional choice in terms of the comfort that it can offer for babies. It will also never irritate the skin, unlike in the case of other models that are too rough. It is also worth saying that it does not require a pillowcase.
The outer part of the pillow is made with T240 Thread Count or 100% pure cotton. This is exactly the reason why it can be used even without a pillowcase, yet you can be assured of its ability to promote the highest level of comfort for the baby.
Another thing that makes this an amazing alternative in the marketplace is the fact that it is safe and healthy for kids. This has the ability to resist mold and bacteria, among others that can be bad for the health of your little one. It is hypoallergenic and dust-resistant. It can also be machine-washed, making it easy for you to retain the best quality of the pillow even through time.
- Made from high-quality materials
- Safe for babies
- Can be too fluffy for some
- A bit flimsy
5. A Little Pillow Company Toddler Pillow
Editor Rating :
The hypoallergenic construction of this pillow is one of the good reasons to have it chosen above its competitors. This means that it can be safe for toddlers. If you are still not convinced, it might help to know that it is recommended even by pediatricians.
When it comes to the construction of the pillow, it can also prove to be an exceptional choice. It has 100% cotton 200-count cover. The deluxe cluster fiber fill is also impressive. It is fluffy, comfortable, and supportive. If there is one problem, however, it would be that some parents reported that it can easily get flat.
Looking for a pillow that will be durable? It is also a good choice because it has premium double stitching. This will provide you with the assurance that the fillings will remain inside the pillow, unlike others that are easily prone to breaking. To make it longer lasting, make sure to pay attention to the care instructions that have been provided by the manufacturer.
- High-quality construction
- Easy to clean and maintain
- A bit small
- Can be easily flat
Your search for the best toddler pillow will be no walk in the park. With too many options that are available, it can be confusing, especially for the misinformed and uneducated about how one is different from the other. At the end of the day, the most important is to be armed with the right knowledge. Price alone is never an enough consideration. If it is cheap, it does not necessarily mean that it can provide the best bang for the buck. Be more discerning as you try to weigh the options that are available in the market.